According to the latest statistics, Android has reached to billions of users by 2016. Google has made the remarkable impact by introducing it in the technological world. Not only with the enhanced feature, but its internet connectivity tweaked the usability of cell phones. Here are some of tips and tricks to improve your smartphone’s utility:
- Contacts Transfer Compatibility: This is one of the major concerns of users when it comes to switching from one cellphone to another. As Gmail account is required to setup every Android smartphone. Contacts can be stored in Gmail account. To synchronize all your contacts from Gmail account. Tap on “Settings” icon and select “Accounts”. Find your added Gmail account and tap “Sync now” on the top.
- Quick Settings: Android has come up with a quick setting option by keeping notification bar. It can be accessed by swiping down from the top of a screen. Notification bar view changes in different smartphones with the different manufacturer, but regular settings like Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Modes, and Volume can be done with it.
- Track Data Consumption: It is always a good idea to keep track of data consumption and deciding future data plan based on statistics. Android allows their users to set a limit on data consumption and keep eye on data usage by each application. To access this feature, navigate to “Settings” and tap on “Data usage”. Users can even change “Data usage cycle” by changing its dates and system alerts you when data reaches the maximum limit.
- Play Store: Play Store is the primary reason for android’s popularity. It had a collection of almost 2.8 million applications by March 2017 and the number is still increasing on a daily basis. Applications are available for almost all the sectors like entertainment, educational, utility and much more. They are either free or paid. To install them on your system, navigate to “Play Store”, Search for your application and tap on “Install”. Android also allows its user to install third party application. To use third party application installation, navigate to “Settings” and tap on “Security” option. Enable “Unknown Sources” and Install application using APK file.
- Customizable Home Screen: Android has given access to their users to customize screens. Users can add screens as well as icons. It is always nice to keep frequently used apps on the front screen to enhance productivity. Different Android smartphones have different ways to customize it. To add icons on a screen, keep a long press on the icon and drag it to the screen. To remove, keep a long press on the icon and drag it to the Trash at the bottom of the screen.
- Data Backup and Restore: Users don’t need to worry about their data. Android has a feature to store all data like photos, videos, and files to the cloud. To store navigate to settings and choose Google account. The user can also use third party solution for backing up data like OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Enable Mass Storage mode to access files from your smartphone while connecting it to the computer.
- When network connectivity is not proper, Toggle “Airplane Mode” in “Settings” to refresh it.
- To decrease battery consumption, set the brightness level to least optimal value.
- When Wi-fi is showing “Limited Connectivity”, toggle Wi-fi connection.
- Group similar utility apps in a folder to enhance usability.