Tecsole Review: AVG Free Antivirus is an award wining and most downloaded antivirus software in CNET download center. More than 220 million users are protected by AVG Free antivirus software as per AVG website. AVG has powerful security engine which blocks viruses, malware and spyware. It also has link protection which scans web, Facebook and Twitter links. If you are a Windows, Mac or Android user and do not have any antivirus protection, you definitely should download and Install AVG Free antivirus software and it is 100% Free.
AVG Free Antivirus Key features:
The new AVG antivirus interface is very user friendly and easy to use. The new 2018 AVG free antivirus comes with two main features and offers basic protection. One option is Computer protection and another option is Web & Email protection.
- Computer Protection: You can quickly scan your computer for viruses, malware, toolbar that you do not need or you do not want, extensions that stores in browser and you do not want, identify and fix computer performance etc.
- Web & Email Protected: Web browsing protections that scans websites links and protect from any online threat. It scans any incoming or outgoing email. it also has spam filter that detects spam emails with harmful attached.
User ratings/feedback as per CNET download center:
- Average User Ratings: 4 stars
- CNET Editors’ Rating: Very Good
- Total Downloads: Over 565 million
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
Note: The above information may get changes and you can get the updated information from the following link: http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVirus-Free/3000-2239_4-10320142.html
How to download and Install?
AVG Free antivirus download and install is very simple. Just follow the following easy steps and you can do it easily by yourself. Please note that, the following steps can change anytime with software update or add/remove features.
- Go to the Avg Free website (http://www.avg.com/us-en/homepage).
- Click on Free Download and wait for the Save As window
- Save the exe file on the Desktop.
- Double click on the downloaded file from the Desktop and wait till AVG installer appears.
- Wait till complete Downloading installation components.
- Click on CONTINUE button under Welcome to AntiVirus Free window
- Click on INSTALL BASIC and wait till Installation of AVG is completed 100%.
- The installation window should close automatically after complete successfully and AVG icon should show on the desktop.
- Double click on the AVG icon from the desktop and AVG interface should open
Perform a full scan and do necessary settings form the Options or from the AVG user interface.